2008 Inspection

We held our 7th AHS inspection on Tuesday October 7th 2008 at Sandi Lib's wonderful facility Pennock Point in Reddick, Florida. Our inspectors were Karin Himmelmayer and Meg Williams, ably assisted by Hugh Bellis-Jones as secretary.

We had four mares for the mare performance test. All were well prepared and all passed. Champion mare was Eclipse TLM, owned by Andrea Hayden and bred by Tamara MacClaren, Canada. True to her bloodlines (Escudo I/ Dressman), Eclipse shone in the jumping portion with a 9 and 7. She also did quite well under saddle with a 7 for rideability and final score of 7.33. Also passing their MPTs were Bell Capri (an imported Trakehner mare owned by Nancy Shaw), Lauren FS (Letkiss/ Davignon owned by Kristine Broome) and Santina HW (Sandro Hit/ Lanthan owned by Irene Hoeflich- Wiedener).

Eight non—Hanoverian mares were presented (1 TB, 3 Oldenburg, 1 Trakehner, 1 Holsteiner and 2 Dutch). All but two were accepted into the AHS Main Studbook. Champion non—Hanoverian mare was the lovely Dutch mare Alyeska (Royal Prince/ Pacifica/ Idocus), owned and bred by Don and Yolanda Williamson, Virginia, with a very good score of 7.66. Our own Oldenburg mare Kabibi (Rubin Royal/ Donnerhall) scored 7.16 and is now in the AHS Main Studbook.

Six Hanoverian mares were presented. Five were accepted into the Main Studbook and all had scores high enough to make them Elite eligible. One made a score less than 6 and was only able to make the Studbook. Champion Hanoverian mare was Crystal (Contucci/ Kalypso), owned by Brian Arena and bred by Meredith Michelfelder, with a very good score of 7.33.

We had a huge group of foals — 27 in all. They were mainly of excellent quality. When the dust cleared, the inspectors chose a top filly and colt. The top filly was by Fidertanz out of SPS Wattfee by Walt Disney, owned and bred by Julia Whitfield. The top colt was my own Royal Prince out of EM Diva by Donnerhall (photo below).

The branding went quickly and uneventfully. Despite the size of this inspection, we finished in plenty of time for the team to get to the airport for the next leg of their journey.

As always my thanks to all who helped and all who attended.

Last updated October 10th, 2008